The Smile laser (relex) method is one of the most commonly used treatments today. This method is especially used in the treatment of myopia and astigmatism and provides successful results. It is possible to treat up to -10 in myopia and -5 in astigmatism with Smile laser. This method of treatment with laser technology is generally suitable for occupational groups in patients with thin corneas at risk of exposure to pressure and impact.
The Smile laser is the 3rd generation of laser treatment methods. For example, the Lasik treatment method requires large incisions, with the smile treatment method, these incisions are very small. This treatment method is a revolution amongst bladeless laser treatment methods. The Smile laser treatment is especially recommended for people with an active lifestyle. The reason for this is the risk of displacement of the corneal flap in other methods. Smile does not have this risk in the. Therefore, it is often recommended to athletes.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE SMILE LASER METHOD?
We can treat myopia up to -10 diopters, and astigmatism up to -5 diopters with the Smile laser method.
- Protection of the biomechanics of the cornea
- Suitable for thinner corneal structure
- Single-stage surgery
- Closed surgery method
- Cutless surgery
WHO CAN BE TREATED WITH SMILE LASER?
- People over 18
- Not changing diopters for at least one year
- Myopia between -1.00 and -10.00
- Astigmatism degree not higher than -5.00
- Good general condition of cornea and eye
WHO IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THE SMILE LASER?
- Patients with varying eye numbers
- Hyperopia patients
- Children under 18
- People with discomfort problems that affect recovery
- Patients with severe glaucoma
- Excessive keloid formation
- Excessive scar formation
- Corneal degeneration
- Patients with corneal diseases
- Those with previous eye infections
- Pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding women
- Patients with cataract
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
The advantages of Smile laser surgery are:
- Corneal and refractive consistency
- Flapless technique is applied
- It is a sensitive and fast treatment method
- Low dryness in the eyes after the surgery
- Fast recovery time
- More gentle operation
- Shot operation time
- Operation with the smallest cut on the cornea
- There is no interference to the structural strength of the eye
- Closest results to a natural eye
- Fast laser technology with 500 khz
- The numbers unlikely come back
WHAT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED BEFORE THE OPERATION?
- Perfume and deodorant should not be used before surgery
- Eye and face makeup should not be done on the day of surgery
- There is no harm in eating before the surgery
- Patients should spend minimum 3-4 hours for this operation
- There should always be a companion
- Only patients are admitted to the operating room
- You should bring sunglasses with you to keep the eye comfortable after surgery
WHAT ARE THE STAGES OF SURGERY?
Before the Smile laser surgery, doctors perform a very detailed eye examination. If the structure of the eye is suitable for the Smile laser surgery, the patient is given the necessary information and appointment. The surgery consists of a 27-second laser procedure. During surgery, a vacuum ring is placed that prevents you from moving your eyes, and then the laser is applied. The doctor removes the part of the cornea from the 2 mm incision. After surgery, we reccomend that you rest during the day.
After the surgery, tearing, sensitivity and glare in the light may be felt. This is a completely normal condition, and the drops recommended by the doctor are helping to reduce these problems. The next day you start seeing things clearly enough to do a lot of work.
After a smile laser treatment, you need to wait a few days for the best visual acuity.